Sunday 7 December 2014

We Got Married-Part 3 : Photoshoot and Party

Alright. This is it. I have narrowed thousands of photos into these three posts with about 200 in total. If you are getting bored, look away. That is the beauty of the internet, you don't have to sit through me showing all of them to you. 

I loved every moment of that day. Sure, I wish I could have spent more time with each of our guests, made a better speech, and had a hair and makeup artist but I will still say, that day was better than I ever imagined it could be. To all of you that were there, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for being a part of it.



















































Hilo (on my knee) and I bonded since he was born. He was my little angel that day. I woke up to him peeking into our cabin, he came in while I drank my coffee and quietly watched me organize the seating plan map.



The goblets we drank from were the ones my parents used on their wedding day. When I picked it up I saw it had their wedding day engraved on one side and ours on the other. What a surprise and such a meaningful gesture. 






cards made by our littlest guests to keep them busy



Shaine's mom. If I could meet anyone in the world, it would be her.  She raised such a thoughtful, amazing man and I am grateful daily for how she shaped him.









I'm not sure what was so funny but I can't believe this is the only pic I have with Autumn. At least she helped me get ready.











A heartfelt speech that had the room in tears

Melt my heart

My brother's speech was a big hit, hilarious (and look at his cute sidekick) When I asked him to make a speech, he asked if it was to be fiction or non. You can see everyone enjoying it in the photos below. Loved it, thanks Chipper.









Speeches being made by the light of a generator. Honestly, the power going out could have been a disaster, but instead, it was magical. (I believe my brother had everyone he knew on call to bring generators to save the day)







If I had one regret, it is that I didn't prepare a speech. So much I wanted to say that I didn't. 




So we cut our cake(mom's homemade pie actually- over a dozen of them)  with a machete. This was symbolic as when we were in Tanzania we had a terrible experience of being chased by several men carrying machetes. It represents to us how we can get through anything if we stick together, just as we did on that terrible night. He protected me and has amazing instincts that I will never doubt. 






Our first dance was to a cover by a band Shaine had worked with and recorded their video. Shaine's voice can actually be heard at the beginning calling "action"- which was our cue. Fun details.




The song had clapping. I envisioned everyone joining it with me. I was having fun.


I love a dip, and Shaine surprised me with this one. 

Father daughter dancing, and in-law father daughter duo in the background. Love it

I've been dancing with this man at weddings all my life and we always have a good time. "Stand by Me" was our song.
 I won't
 be afraid,
 just as long as you stand,
stand by me.

Mom dancing with her new in-law.

After this an amazing dance party began till the wee hours, but that is when the cameras were put away...

No comments:

Post a Comment